The grub and insect control application is specifically targeted to provide season long protection from all types of grubs. Grubs can damage the turf roots by chewing them as they move through the soil. This application will also provide limited control of surface feeding insects, such as chinch bugs, sod web worms, and aphids.
This application is a time sensitive application applied between mid-May to mid-August. The window to prevent grub damage is very narrow as the grub only spends about 25% of its life feeding on the roots of turf the other 75% of the time the grub is deep in the soil.
The grub will come to within 1-2 inches of the top of the soil to feed on the roots starting in late April or early May depending on soil temperatures and will emerge as a fully developed adult and will feed on plant material from June to July. They lay their eggs in the soil and in August the larvae will hatch and feed on the roots before going deep into the soil until the following April when the cycle starts over.